When batteries age and/or spend too much time in a discharge or abused state,
sulphite crystals can form on the battery plates which impede the flow of electricity
and is the main cause of poor battery performance. This unit is a basic battery desulphater
with advance control techniques. This unit emphasizes extremely low cost and premium
- Single unit works on 12 to 48 V nominal systems
- 10 amp pulse strength
- LED to indicate unit operating
- Adjustable on/off voltage
- Can be adjusted to only operate when battery is near full or floating.
- EXTREMELY low draw
Sulphite crystals from when the battery charge is reduced and/or the discharge/recharge cycles are not well suited for the battery. These sulphite crystals act as insulators to the flow of electricity in the battery, seriously degrading the capability of the battery to have electricity flow in it, reducing it charging and discharge capability.
Like most battery desulphators, this unit uses a sharp pulse of current forced into the battery suddenly to “jar” the sulphite crystals and cause internal resonances, both mechanical and electrical, to release the sulphite crystals that form so they be re-combined into the battery acid.
This unit creates a 10 amp pulse which is precisely controlled. The pulse voltage will vary depending on the battery impedance and wiring, more important in strings of multiple batteries in larger battery banks. Version 2.0 of the BD-2 increases this voltage for higher impedance battery banks.
- Nominal battery voltages (V) 12 – 48 V DC
- Maximum Input (V) 63V
- Maximum Pulse Current(A) 10 amps (Depending on impedance within the circuit)
- Range of On/Off Control 0 V to 60 V
- Adjustable with small screwdriver and on board test points
- Self Consumption <0.05 ma from battery at full pulse
- Efficiency >96% over 20% pulse load
- Operating Temperature: -40 to 60 deg. C
- Humidity: 0 – 90% non-condensing
Adjustable on/off voltage set point adjustment with on board test points
Weight: 0.3 lb.
Size: 4″ X 3″ X 2″
Power: #16 AWG Flying Leads
Note: In the interest of continuous product improvement specifications subject to change without notice.
Order Model No: BD-2 V2