48 Volt Charge Controller
This unit has Maximum Power Point Tracking and voltage conversions. What is Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT)?
Single unit V from 48 V panel operation
- custom modified units readily available will even charge a 12 V or 24 V battery from a 48 V array
Real world 15 – 30 % more current than conventional technology into discharged batteries
- means faster battery charging or higher system power at similar cost
Maximizes Battery Life
- Dual Float Charge Technique
- recommended by battery manufacturers for maximum capacity and lifetime
- certified to IEEE/ANSI 62.41 1991 4 Kv (simulated lightning strike) What is ANSI/IEEE 62.41?
- certified to FCC Section 15J Part B (electrical interference)
- What is FCC certification?
- Regulates output at float level even without batteries connected (or bad batteries). Will substantially recover lost battery if recoverable.
|Nominal Voltage (V)||48||12||24|
|Nominal PV Array (V)||48||48||48||or odd voltage|
|Max Array Voltage (V)||100||100||100|
|Max Output (A)||8||8||8|
|Self Consumption (A)|
|Setpoint Tolerance (+\-)||5%||5%||5%|
|Float Setting (V)||56.4||14.1||27.2|
|Overcharge Setting (V)||58.0||14.5||29.0|
|Temp. Comp. mv/Deg C||-4||-4||-4|
- Uses a National LM335Z temperature sensor available from Solar Converters Inc.
- Short these terminals together with a relay contact, (rated 32 V @ .1 A – be careful of dry contacts) or a similiarly rated transistor and the LVD will open; forming an effective load disconnect.
Weight: approx. 2 lbs.
Size: 6″ X 5″ X 2″
- Battery, PV and Load Terminals #10 – #22 AWG Eurostyle terminal strip
- Temperature Compensation, LVD Control, and 12/24 operation Terminals Eurostyle terminal strip: #16 – #26 AWG
- Jumper selectable for 12/24 battery and/or panel operation.
- -40 to 60 deg. C
- We suggest the unit not be placed in direct sunlight.
- 0 – 90% non -condensing
- 0 – 100% when mounted in a Nema enclosure
Mechanical Drawing: Click here for picture
In the interest of continuous product improvement, Solar ConvertersInc. reserves the right to modify these specifications at any time without notice.