48 V @ 40 Amp Charge Controller
This unit has Maximum Power Point Tracking and voltage conversion capability. What is Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT)?
Can Operate from odd voltage panels like CD-Te or Amorphous Silicon
Single unit operation
- will even charge a 12 V or 24 V battery from a 48 V array or odd voltage array
Built in PWM input LOAD DIVERSION CONTROLLER
- unit will operate from a windmill or hydro source to prevent input overloading when the windmill/ hydro machine is offloaded.
Real world 15 – 30 % more current than conventional technology into discharged batteries
- means faster battery charging or higher system power at similar cost
Maximizes Battery Life
- Dual Float Charge Technique
- recommended by battery manufacturers(1) for maximum capacity and lifetime
- certified to IEEE/ANSI 62.41 1991 4 Kv (simulated lightning strike)
- What is ANSI/IEEE 62.41?
- certified to FCC Section 15J Part B (electrical interference)
- What is FCC certification?
- Regulates output at float level even without batteries connected (or bad batteries). Will substantially recover lost battery if recoverable.
|Nominal Voltage (V)||12||24||48|
|Nominal PV Array (V)||48 *||48 *||48 *|
|Max Array Voltage (V)||100||100||100|
|Max Output (A)||40||40||40|
|Self Consumption (A)
|Self Consumption (A)
|Setpoint Tolerance (+\-)||5%||5%||5%|
|Float Setting (V)||14.1||27.2||56.4|
|Overcharge Setting (V)||14.5||29.0||58.0|
|Temp. Comp. mv/Deg C||-4||-4||-4|
* May be an odd voltage array of 45 – 75 V class such as Amorphous-silicon or CD-TE
- Uses a National LM335Z temperature sensor available from Solar Converters Inc.
- Short these terminals together with a relay contact, (rated 32 V @ .1 A – be careful of dry contacts) or a similiarly rated transistor and the LVD will open; forming an effective load disconnect.
- External control option to control charge rate.
- Will charge control a secondary charging source.
- for operation with windmills, will divert excess input voltage to a secondary load with PWM control.
- approx. 8 lbs.
- approx. 12 X 10 X 5″
- Power: Battery, PV and Load #4 – #10 Eurostyle terminal strip
- Signal: Temperature Compensation, LVD Control, AUX control, and Diversion load control Eurostyle terminal strip: #16 – #26 AWG
- Setup: Setup pots for panel and battery adjustment.
- -40 to 60 deg. C
- We suggest the unit not be placed in direct sunlight
- 0 – 90 % non -condensing
- 0 – 100% when mounted in a Nema enclosure
Mechanical Drawing: Click here for picture
In the interest of continuous product improvement, Solar Converters Inc. reserves the right to modify these specifications at any time without notice.