48 V 20 Amp Charge Controller
This unit has Maximum Power Point Tracking and voltage conversions. What is Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT)?
Single unit Mutlivoltage operation
- will even charge a 12 , 24 or 48 V battery from a 48 V array or an “odd voltage” array.
Real world 15 – 30 % more current than conventional technology into discharged batteries
- means faster battery charging or higher system power at similar cost
Maximizes Battery Life
- Dual Float Charge Technique
- recommended by battery manufacturers (1) for maximum capacity and lifetime
- certified to IEEE/ANSI 62.41 1991 4 Kv (simulated lightning strike) What is ANSI/IEEE 62.41?
- certified to FCC Section 15J Part B (electrical interference)
- What is FCC certification?
- Regulates output at float level even without batteries connected (or bad batteries). Will substantially recover lost battery if recoverable.
|Nominal Voltage (V)||12||24||48|
|Nominal PV Array (V)||48||or odd voltage array|
|Max Array Voltage (V)||90|
|Max Output (A)||20|
|Self Consumption (A)|
|Setpoint Tolerance (+\-)||5%|
|Float Setting (V)||14.1||27.2||56.4|
|Overcharge Setting (V)||14.5||29.0||57.0|
|Temp. Comp. mv/Deg C||-4|
- Uses a National LM335Z temperature sensor available from Solar Converters Inc.
- Short these terminals together with a relay contact, (rated 32 V @ .1 A – be careful of dry contacts) or a similiarly rated transistor and the LVD will open; forming an effective load disconnect.
Weight: approx. 3 lbs.
Size: approx. 8″ X 6″ X 2″
- Battery, PV and Load Terminals #4 – #22 AWG Eurostyle terminal strip
- Temperature Compensation, LVD Control Terminals Eurostyle terminal strip: #16 – #26 AWG
- -40 to 60 deg. C
- We suggest the unit not be placed in direct sunlight
- 0 – 90 % non -condensing
- 0 – 100% when mounted in a Nema enclosure
Mechanical Drawing: Click here for picture
In the interest of continuous product improvement, Solar Converters Inc. reserves the right to modify these specifications at any time without notice.