15 Amp Charge Controller
12/24 V @ 15 Amps
This unit has Maximum Power Point Tracking and voltage conversion capability.
What is Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT)?
Single unit 12/24 V operation
- will even charge a 12 V battery from a 24 V array or odd voltage aray
Real world 15 – 30 % more current than conventional technology into discharged batteries
- means faster battery charging or higher system power at similar cost
Maximizes Battery Life
- Dual Float Charge Technique
- recommended by battery manufacturers(1) for maximum capacity and lifetime
- certified to IEEE/ANSI 62.41 1991 4 Kv (simulated lightning strike)What is ANSI/IEEE 62.41?
- certified to FCC Section 15J Part B(electrical interference)What is FCC certification?
- Regulates output at float level even without batteries connected (or bad batteries). Will substantially recover lost battery if recoverable.
|Nominal Voltage (V)||12||24|
|Nominal PV Array (V)||12||24||or odd voltage array|
|Max Array Voltage (V)||50||50|
|Max Output (A)||15||15|
|Self Consumption (A)|
|Setpoint Tolerance (+\-)||5%||5%|
|Float Setting (V)||14.1||27.2|
|Overcharge Setting (V)||14.5||29.0|
|Temp. Comp. mv/Deg C||-4||-4|
* This unit has enjoyed substantial of success with the 45 V class of Amorphous silicon panels charging 12 V batteries
- Uses a National LM335Z temperature sensor available from Solar Converters Inc.
- Short these terminals together with a relay contact, (rated 32 V @ .1 A – be careful of dry contacts) or a similiarly rated transistor and the LVD will open; forming an effective load disconnect.
- approx. 2 lbs.
- 6″ X 5″ X 2″
- Battery, PV and Load
- #10 – #22 AWG Eurostyle terminal strip
- Temperature Compensation, LVD Control, and 12/24 operation
- Eurostyle terminal strip: #16 – #26 AWG
- Jumper selectable for 12/24 battery and/or panel operation.
- -40 to 60 deg. C
- We suggest the unit not be placed in direct sunlight
- 0 – 90 % non -condensing
- 0 – 100% when mounted in a Nema enclosure
- Click here for picture
In the interest of continuous product improvement, Solar Converters Inc. reserves the right to modify these specifications at any time without notice.